Monday, September 26, 2016

Experiencing Bulalo at Tagaytay the Leslie's Way

Monday, September 26, 2016




Tagaytay has been famous for its breath-taking views and prominent for having the best 'Bulalo' (beef shank) in the country. Note its chilly atmosphere that adds up to the experience. Since andun naman na kami sa Tagaytay, why not lubus-lubusin ang experience, right?

In search for the best Bulalo in town and for more time together, we came across Leslie's, a restaurant right beside Villa Ibarra - where our friends held their wedding. Me and college circle haven't met since May of this year when one of our friends also got married (OMG they're tying the knot one by one nakaka-pressure! Hahahaha) so we decided to hang out and eat more.

The resto is very spacious inside, it could keep large groups of friends and/or families for dine-in. Too bad we came in late at night, the view of Taal Volcano while eating could add up to our excitement. The place is so cozy plus there's a mini band serenading each of the tables while people are eating.


So the highlight of course is we ordered their famous Special Bulalo for Php 625. Well, the only difference of it from the regular beef shank (original bulalo) that they're serving is the additional corn and veggies. We also got two family rice servings and pork sisig because I'm craving for one.

I did not expect the serving was quite fast - I thought it would actually take 30 minutes or more. And I actually would not mind if that's the case because my friends and I were busy chatting about what happened at the wedding and updating ourselves with each other's lives. So yeah, the serving's fast and we got too excited for the bulalo!

The beef shank is great - uhm, not so sure, because I haven't tasted other beef shanks yet to compare. But the sabaw is so enticing, the flavor is so beefy and the meat itself is tender. The pork sisig was medium scored, nothing special, but still delicious. Sulit na rin for Php 325.

My rating:


The ambiance and serving time made me rate them good. Haven't tried their other dishes but I'm sure all are damn good and exceptional.


Check out Leslie's menu here!

Got your own Tagaytay Bulalo experience? Comment below and share it with us! :)


               





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

48 comments:

  1. Everytime we go to Tagaytay, it is always Leslie's we go for bulalo, reasonable price as well. Masarap din yung kare nila. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. When in Tagaytay, we like to eat bulalo. I also like Leslie's Bulalo, they also refill your bulalo soup so super sulit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bulalo is the best in Tagaytay. They are served with fresh vegetables and real tender meat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talaga? Will try that next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. True! Nagulat ako sa agad agad nilang pagrefill sa sabaw. That made the price even more sulit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll try this on our next trip to Tagaytay as my family is always on the lookout for good food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love Bulalo! And when in Tagaytay it must've been something really special... Leslie's got one of the best Bulalo there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bulalo looks really tasty! I would love to try that out! I've never tried any Bulalo in Tagaytay yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was also my first time! Di ko malaman kung todo na ba yung sarap neto kasi wala akong mapagcompare-an. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! Let me know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bulalo is best near the market place. :) I swear it is the best and you get to enjoy it with the cold weather pa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Tagaytay! And yes, the chilly weather adds up to the appetite, hehe! Sarap ng bulalo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bulalo! The ultimate comfort food on rainy days! I guess it's one of the main food you'll be thinking of when you're in Tagaytay because of the cold weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now everyone's craving for a bowl of good bulalo! It's cold and raining pa naman, the weather is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Craving for some bulalo now. I haven't been to Tagaytay, though. It looks yummy on the photo. I will put this on the to-do-list when going there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've tried Bulalo in a lot of other places in Tagaytay. The best one I've had so far is the one at the market. :) Not so nice ambiance but the food is definitely good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Waaa now I miss Tagaytay. I'll plan a trip their soon and have bulalo :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel like I'm missing so much in life because i don't eat beef. We went to Tagaytay recently and there's a Leslie's branch in Sky Ranch that my husband qas dying to try. Kaso the thought of orsering

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel like I'm missing out a lot because i don't eat beef. We recently went to Tagaytay and took pur spn tp Sky Ranch. There was a Leslie's branch and my husband was dying to try the bulalo kaso nadishearten sya sa fact na hindi ako kakain nun. :( i'm sure it was nice especially with the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's been ages since we were last in Tagaytay. I miss the weather and of course, the bulalo :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Will try this once we visit Tagaytagy. . . A husband of mine loves bulalo and i think he must try the taste from this resto

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ermergerd! Leslie's and their bulalo. Grabe!! Naiisip ko palang, nagugutom na ko ulit. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. One of the pioneers in the Tagaytay food industry! I hope they keep up with all the new establishments around them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your trip to Tagaytay will never be complete without a visit to Leslie's. They serve one of the best bulalos there.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always see this whenever we're in Tagaytay. We haven't tried it yet though. Haha. Oh, I miss Tagaytay.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mayu, last time I ate bulalo in Tagaytay was wayback 2011 and was also at Leslie's. I bet yah that they're one of those resto there in Tagaytay that has the most unforgettable bulalo. I should come back soon. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  27. We've been going to Tagaytay for a long time but we haven't eaten at Leslie's yet. No Kidding. Hoping to try this in the near future. And bulalo is so perfect for today's weather.

    ReplyDelete
  28. We also go to Leslie's for our bulalo craving once in Tagaytay. THen have our coffee and sweets to the boys' fave cafe. Bulalo is something we never get tired of eating. I particularly love the utak and gatil part.

    ReplyDelete
  29. May De Jesus-PalacpacOctober 16, 2016 at 5:25 PM

    I've seen Leslie's for years especially since I studied in DLSU-D and frequented Tagaytay, haha. I should really try it sometime, mukhang masarap.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love bulalo's especially from Tagaytay! Mahangin tapos masarap humigop ng mainit na sabaw! Im not sure though if I've been to Leslie's. Yung pinuntahan kasi namin before magkakatabi silang parang mga eatery na katabi ng palengke.

    ReplyDelete
  31. For some reason bulalo in Tagaytay seems yummier lol.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I can't leave Tagaytay without dropping for bulalo. Will have to try Leslie's though. Just the throught of that bulalo makes me wanna eat.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I agree that bulalo esp at Leslie's in Tagaytay is a must-try! This reminds me that my second child wants to go to Tagaytay again.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Leslie's!! It's been quite a while since I've been last to Tagaytay! I mis the Bulalo.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I haven't been at Leslie's, looks like it's worth a visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love bulalo and can't pass Tagaytay without having it. Will have to try Leslie's though.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very nice tip for a restaurant in Tagaytay. We are not bulalo eaters kasi takot kami sa cholesterol pero ang sarap nya and it's perfect for a cold place like Tagaytay. I'll take note of this place when we go there.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yes yes, too many mantika Mommy! Hehehe! But better if you eat and sip the soup while it's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I agree! Nothing so special about it but I agree. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I see! True, iba ang ambiance ng Tagaytay - it adds up to what you eat, mas nakakasarap!

    ReplyDelete
  41. True. Medyo outdated na nga, but the view inside saktong sakto sa Taal. I guess that what makes them unique!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Live. Laugh. Love. and EAT in between! © 2014