Thursday, December 25, 2014

Ze Cranio Kid: My Faith Restoration

Thursday, December 25, 2014



12 days before Christmas, we were again confined at the premises of University of Santo Tomas Hospital, our second home - which we accepted by the time that ze cranio kid is getting back and forth multiple times this year.

Staying at the hospital for six days is short for us - compared to the number of days we have stayed for the entire year, longest was for almost six weeks. But staying at the hospital at this point of the month was indeed at big deal for us. We don't want to spend Christmas at our room! So as much as possible, as long as ze cranio kid's already fine, we want to be home. We want to spend the holidays with our family, at our own home.


We did not even expect to be confined by that time. I have a happy and playing baby eventhough they are already at the hospital by 7:00 AM due to some laboratory tests that needs to be taken at a specific time only, unless the correct results will not show up.

We are scheduled for follow up to three of his doctors that day - to his pediatricia, pedia-neurologist, and pedia-nephrologist. Two of his follow ups turned up to be fine, saying that Carlisle has no issues at all for them. It shows because he's too naughty that day!


According to his pedia-nephrologist (concerns with the study of normal kidney function, kidney problems, the treatment of kidney problems and renal replacement therapy), his sodium level is too high and he don't want us to be home as this level might give him seizures. His case now has been diagnosed as hypernatremia - defined by an elevated sodium level in the blood, generally not caused by an excess of sodium, but rather lack of free water in the body - can also be called dehydration. Days prior to admission, his appetite is so good, he eats well and more than usual but he doesn't want to drink that much water.

Just when I thought that everything is fine, my happy baby is again confined. Doctor said we just need to correct his sodium level because it's extremely high and they don't want him to have seizures when we are already home.



With a heavy heart, we processed ze cranio kid's confinement that day. Good thing, the queue for admission is not that long. We just stayed in the emergency room for an hour or so, and then we were transferred to our room, the same one where we stayed when we were confined due to Dengue.


DAY ONE. The first night was a smooth one. The doctors just continued to make corrections to make his sodium level back to normal. His appetite is good, but still, he doesn't want to drink that much liquid unless we force him by letting him drink through a syringe.



DAY TWO. Rough day today as ze cranio kid began vomiting and being irritated since the time that he woke up in the morning. He doesn't want to sleep since then, and if he does, he will cry and cry and vomit when he wakes up again. It was only at night time that he got up and played on the bedside.



DAY THREE. Just when his sodium level went back to normal, an indication that we can go home, ze cranio kid had two episodes of seizure at 3:00 AM and 5:00 AM, plus chills because of 38.1 degrees fever. His last seizure due to fever was a day after his brain operation last June 2013. He reached 40 degrees that time, also the reason why he was back on PICU (pediatric intensive care unit) for the second time.

Three more episodes of seizure at 10:00 AM, 3:30 PM, and 10:00 PM happened on the same day. That makes it five in total in one day.


DAY FOUR. Ze cranio kid had two episodes of seizure again this morning - that makes it seven in total for our three-day stay. The good thing here is that he is more responsive now, we can already talk to him, he makes his usual funny sounds but not all. He needs to be closely monitored as the important factors for him to be okay keeps on fluctuating.

By night time, he already cried when blood was extracted to check his sodium level. He already said 'Hi' and 'Nana' (Nanay) and made his usual pig sound. He already threw things that he can reach.



DAY FIVE. Hooray for 24 hours of no seizure episodes! Ze cranio kid already started eating and drinking again, playing and smiling. He still can't bear to sit alone for a long time. Sodium level is slowly getting back to normal, no fever nor seizures.



DAY SIX. 72 hours of no seizure! His appetite is slowly getting back to normal. His naughty self is again annoying and enjoying at the same time. We were laughing and playing together by the time that I arrived at the hospital. Few hours later, his doctors declared that we can already go home.



We can't thank everyone enough, from our family, friends, to our followers at Even A Cent Counts For Carlisle Von Patrick, for helping us financially and spiritually on times like this. They are the ones that we can lean on whenever we are in need. They never fail to amaze us and they keep on being God's way of showing us His love.

We are home for Christmas! Hooray!
I have never been thankful enough for the past 19 years before ze cranio kid came in to my life. For the past three years, I have experienced ups and downs with this kid. Unexplainable happiness, saddest tears and experiences, these have made me stronger and stronger each day as we continue to win this battle. With all these people that we met, for all those help that we receive, we feel super over blessed and thankful for the Lord who have sent us so much love this year.

With the page's 1,540 likes, and number of unknown followers, I know that we are continuously storming heaven with prayers every time ze cranio kid is in danger. He always makes us sure that everything is under control, that everything is in His hands. Every challenge that we encounter, my faith in humanity and in our Lord is being restored. Slowly, I am a believer again.



Sharing you this video that I saw a long time ago on Facebook about Lacey Buchanan, a mother who chose to keep his son, Christian, who was diagnosed with Tessier (pronounced tess-ee-ay) cleft lip and palate and is blind upon birth. Though she was criticized by people and even asked her for abortion or euthanize Christian, she still refused and kept him on her arms.

I keep on watching this video because it gives me one of the many reasons why we should all be thankful to our lives and to the Lord who gave this to us. Great things that you can do is to give life, save a life, and live life to its fullest.

You can reach and get updates on Lacey and Christian Buchanan through Facebook, YouTube, and their own website.

To my family to yours, Happy Christmas and may you never forget the spirit brought by this day and our Creator's birthday as well.


               





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

28 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Mayu. I think you and I were sitting beside each other during the MBP Winter Wonderland party.

    Anyway, I will continue to pray for Carlisle. I understand that how you feel everytime your little one is hospitalised must be 100x more than how I feel every time my little ones are. I pray that one day, you'll look back at this and declare how faithful God has been. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi May! Yes, we are seated to each other last Winter Wonderland! Thank you for the prayers, everyday he gets better and better! :)

      Delete
  2. Good to know that you're son is feeling better now. I can only imagine everything you have to face each day. You are a really strong person and a great mom. Your son is lucky to have you and you're blessed to have him as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice! I'm luckier to have my son as he makes me stronger and better. I think every son/daughter to a parent does that! :)

      Delete
  3. Good to know that your son is feeling better now. I can only imagine everything you have to face each day. You are a really strong person and a great mom. Your son is lucky to have you and you're blessed to have him as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things get better for your boy. He seems to be a very happy child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rowena! Yes, he is a happy baby whenever we're out of the hospital! :)

      Delete
  5. You're such a strong woman to handle this and continue to be strong because your son needs you. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire you for your strength, having that kind of spirit despite everything that you and your baby has to undergo. May God continue to bless you and your family with health and wealth for the procedures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TweenselMom! Yes, yes, thank you! I got nothing to do but to be strong. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi dear, ikaw pala yung katabi namin sa presidential table sa MBP Christmas Party. Stay strong for your boy because he needs you. I will include him in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mommy Levy! Yes, ako yun hehehe. Thank you thank you! :)

      Delete
  8. carlisle from the twilight ba ito? like that name too. stay strong baby boy and mommy mayu, god bless you and carlisle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aci Girl! Yes, Carlisle - Edward's father - on Twilight! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Mommy. I have to admire your strength especially in times like this. Stay strong. I'm very much willing to help even in little ways. God bless you and Happy New Year as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ayi! Liking our page (fb.com/helpforcarlisle) can help us already, and mentioning a prayer for Carlisle, too. Happy holidays! :)

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great article, exactly what I needed.

    my page - best dating sites

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's really informative.
    I am gonna watch out for brussels. I'll be grateful if you continue
    this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from
    your writing. Cheers!

    My web site quest bars

    ReplyDelete
  13. Howdy I am so excited I found your webpage, I really found you by mistake, while
    I was looking on Google for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a incredible
    post and a all round interesting blog (I also love
    the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I
    have bookmarked it and also added in your
    RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep
    up the fantastic b.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage; quest bars

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you are going for finest contents like I do,
    just visit this site all the time since it provides feature contents, thanks

    Also visit my website minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  15. For hottest news you have to pay a visit web and on the web I found this web site as a most excellent site for newest updates.


    Also visit my blog :: minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just couldn't leave your website prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the standard information a person provide for
    your visitors? Is gonna be back continuously to check out new posts

    My blog post ... minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greetings! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for
    this website? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had issues
    with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform.

    I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.



    Also visit my homepage :: All Natural Quest Bars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt donate to this brilliant
    blog! I guess for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS
    feed to my Google account. I look forward
    to new updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group.
    Talk soon!

    Here is my web page minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  19. Incredible story there. What occurred after?
    Thanks!

    my blog post ... plenty of fish dating site of free dating

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! We
    are a group plenty of fish dating site of free dating volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community
    in the same niche. Your blog provided us beneficial
    information to work on. You have done a outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Live. Laugh. Love. and EAT in between! © 2014