Monday, November 24, 2014

Say Thanks Through Facebook Video

Monday, November 24, 2014



Just in time for Thanksgiving, Facebook has yet released another feature for its users to express their gratitude to their families and friends. Introducing, Say Thanks, an application that lets you create personalized video cards for your friends on Facebook.

Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. Several other places around the world observe similar celebrations. It is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States and on the second Monday of October in Canada.

Facebook passes 1.23 billion monthly active users, 945 million mobile users, and 757 million daily users. As part of the financial results for its fourth quarter, Facebook today announced a number of new milestones. The social network has now passed 1.23 billion monthly active users.

Here's how it works:


To create a Say Thanks video, visit www.facebook.com/thanks. Once you choose a friend, Facebook will generate a preview of the video.


You’ll have the ability to select from three different themes that are available. For the Old Friends theme, you get to choose 15 photos, Friends theme is 7 photos, and Family theme can be done with 10 photos.


You can choose a greeting after.


Then, choose the photos and/or posts that represent your friendship. You can choose from the photos that are automatically selected by Facebook or upload your own photos.

When you’re satisfied with the video, click “Share” — you will have the option of writing a personalized message before posting. The video will post on your Timeline and your friend will be tagged, so it will show up on their Timeline as well.


Here's are some sample videos:




Post by Mark Zuckerberg.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's Say Thanks video to his wife Priscilla.

My rating:


A cool idea, we would not deny that, but it would be better if we can actually decide what we want to say, or what we want to thank about. The music is good, it sets a mood to both viewers who are watching it. Indeed, it is a good and easy way of saying thanks to your family and friends.

Say Thanks has been rolled out globally since November 12 on both desktop and mobile in English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Turkish.

Have you used the Say Thanks feature already? Let us know through comments!

Disclaimer: All photos and video are grabbed from Introducing Say Thanks, Facebook Newsroom's feature article.


               





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

26 comments:

  1. My timeline has been flooding with all these thank you vids. It's pretty cool but I agree with you that it would have been better if you could personalize it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a lot of this in my news feeds. I agree, this is easiest way to give thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing a lot of this in my Facebook feed lately. Maybe I should give it a try too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received a Thank You video, and I must agree that while the idea is cool, the execution needs improvement. Like you, I wish I could choose the words, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohh so this is what all those videos are all about! I think it's a nice way to say "thanks" to the people you love. I'm gonna try and make one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw a couple of those videos and it's nice, simple and short. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, this is why I saw a lot of these videos on my timeline. It is pretty cool, but yeah I agree that it is better if you can say thanks personally.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice app to express our gratitude to people who have been good to us. Sadly, this busy WAHM doesn't have time to try it. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh okay! I've been seeing alot of Thank you videos on my timeline. Yun pala yun. Nice idea Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've only seen a couple of those videos on my timeline but i've never really ventured into checking them out. sure is a clever idea + timely, too, now that people in other parts of the world are celebrating their Thanksgiving holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been seeing this a lot lately also but I haven't clicked on Play so I don't know how it looks like. I shall give it a try one of these days. :) happy thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's hard to come by knowledgeable people on this topic, but you seem like you know what you're
    talking about! Thanks

    Here is my web site; Best dating Sites

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice article, just what I was looking for.


    Also visit my homepage best dating sites

    ReplyDelete
  16. What's up to every one, it's really a pleasant for me to pay a visit this site,
    it consists of priceless Information.

    My web site ... buscar mujeres solteras

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
    Brief but very precise info… Appreciate your sharing this one.
    A must read post!

    my site: minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  18. My brother recommended I may like this website. He used to be totally right.
    This put up actually made my day. You cann't imagine just how a lot time I had spent for this info!
    Thanks!

    Have a look at my webpage ... minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great article, totally what I was looking
    for.

    Have a look at my page minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?

    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard
    on. Any recommendations?

    Feel free to surf to my weblog :: minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your website.
    It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more
    enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire
    out a developer to create your theme? Fantastic work!



    My webpage :: minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  22. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but,
    I'd like to send you an email. I've got some recommendations for your
    blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way,
    great blog and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.



    Also visit my blog post - Quest Bar Cinnamon Roll Nutrition Facts

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to
    say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.

    After all I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and
    I hope you write again soon!

    Look into my page quest bars

    ReplyDelete
  24. I’m not that much plenty of fish dating site of free dating a online reader to be honest but your sites
    really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back in the future.
    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to grasp a lot
    approximately this, such as you wrote the book in it
    or something. I think that you just could do with a few % to pressure the
    message home a little bit, but other than that, that is magnificent blog.
    A great read. I'll certainly be back.

    Visit my web page :: plenty of fish dating site of free dating

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is amazing, great written and include almost all
    vital infos. I'd like to look more posts like this
    .

    Also visit my web page :: plenty of fish dating site of Free dating

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Live. Laugh. Love. and EAT in between! © 2014