Monday, September 8, 2014

Importance of Having Your Own Domain Name

Monday, September 8, 2014



Hello and welcome to the Warrior Mom's own site, <http://www.warriormomandcraniokid.com>! Eversince I started blogging, it has always been a goal to me to have my own domain name. What does it feel like having your own domain for your blog? I feel like a full-pledged blogger! :)

Having your own domain name is like having your personal space in the World Wide Web – a space which someone can’t just own easily. I once asked myself: ‘Why would it be so important? I can have it for free!’ Yes, you can indeed have a free domain from free website hosting sites like WordPress and Blogger, but it will only give you less of the opportunities that you can have compared to having your own domain name. You might not need it today, but you will - in the future, just like me on my college days settling for a domain from the free hosting site I have chosen.


Having your own domain name marks your professionalism and openness to business ideas and to potential clients who wants to advertise with you. But why is it important, really? I've listed five reasons why you should get your own domain name.

It builds your credibility.

When I say having your own domain marks your professionalism, it means that you take blogging seriously. Not that you're not serious if you only have www.yourfreehostingsite.com/yourusername, but having your own means you take time and spend money naming it as your own.

You get higher ranking on search engines.

Some search engines give more importance to those pages with own domain name compared to those under a free hosting site. According to steps-to-make-your-own-website.com, your own home page with a free domain website is in fact the home page of a subdomain versus your webhost’s home page is the actual homepage for that domain name. Your own domain name helps you to get that free search engine traffic that is vital for your internet success.

The web becomes more aware of you.

When you get your own domain name, it increases your presence on the World Wide Web. Your page rank can be on the first 10 pages of a search result.

Your site can easily be remembered.

Before purchasing my own domain, I used to have warriormomandcraniokid.wordpress.com and warriormomandcraniokid.blogspot.com. My friends and followers used to ask me the "What's your site address again?" question over and over. I also got fed up typing the long site address and decided to have the shorter one. Furthermore, you can also spread your site address easily and quickly by just having a dot com and not the usual username dot hosting site dot com.

You get your personalized e-mail address.

Along with your own domain name, you can also have your personalized e-mail address like yourname@yourdomain.com, which is more convenient and secure for other people to transact and make business with you. Thus, you can create your professional e-mail addresses for other members nor parts of your business or website like sales or support.

Aside from the listed points, there are a lot of importance that having an own domain name can give you. Besides, there are a lot of hosting companies that offer cheap services nowadays. Why don't you have one for your site now?


               





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

26 comments:

  1. Having your own domain is great, I'll definitely get my own, once I have my own brand/business up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats true mommy! But for now I dont need own domain since hubby has one hehehhe... Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got mine from godaddy.com. It has been our source since we started our running/sports blog www.takbo.ph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm considering getting my own domain na rin. Already saving up for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having your own domain has so many advantages, parang brand ng gamot, branded ka pag may own domain if not, parang generic...My only problem with my own domain is napahirap i-upgrade sa adsense, until now hindi ko pa malagyan ng adsense and custom domain pero pero yung blogspot ko matagal nang may adsense, yan an goal ko ngayon...to upgrade my adsense account with my custom domain. Nice post and very relevant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree on all points. I just started blogging and had been reading up on this topic. I actually want to have my own domain while I'm just starting due to the above reasons and so that there's no need to transition over. But I'm debating if it will be worth it since I'm mainly using my account just as an online journal. Then again, I'll never know if I'd need it in the future. I think for now, it's about me evaluating the purpose of my page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does help to have our own domain, especially if we want to earn with our blogs. It's exciting to come up with our own unique name for our dot coms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your domain name! I agree that it is very important for any blogger, tutal mura lang naman. I did not avail of a personalized email, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have my own domain as of the moment, but it's also a free one cause I still don't have a budget for it...thus I have to go through all the security checks sa facebook which is a bit of a hassle.. how much is your domain every year? :D thankies!

    Nicole
    ChicMix

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was able to get a domain last year for just a dollar! I think having your own domain makes things official and gets you motivated to promote your site. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. having your own domain sets ownership and boundaries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to have one for my blog too kaya lang I don't know how and how much kasi eh. Hayy..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your post is very enlightening! Now I'm getting more convinced to get my own domain! :) Thanks, Mommy Mayu!

    All-Around Pinay Mama

    ReplyDelete
  14. In addition, throughout the upgrade period all of us experienced several service disruptions, and we've worked difficult to respond quickly to each one.


    Feel free to surf to my weblog ... hotmail customer service number usa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent web site. Lots of useful information here. I'm sending it to some
    buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks on your sweat!


    Here is my web site; buy real instagram followers instantly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many business have web site these days, bit more .
    you don't exist in the virtual world you dont exist at all!
    Then other people will mention that search algorithms
    are frequently changing, and do not really know what will happen.
    When you do business, whether always be web business or offline business, don't forget to priorities should possibly be to
    attract new buyers and new clients.

    My web site; charles floate

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all site
    owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be much more
    useful than ever before.

    Here is my web-site ... try minecraft free

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog
    loading? I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if
    it's the blog. Any responses would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Also visit my page: free minecraft

    ReplyDelete
  19. What killed Sarah Palin using the left and also the press?
    Wilson walks in on him and they share 2, which happens
    to be drugged by House. She'd no weapon,
    nor did he testify he saw ammunition.

    My website male enhancement market

    ReplyDelete
  20. The writer is called Jaymie and he or she feels comfortable when people use complete
    name. Since I was 18 I've been working as being a
    supervisor. Alaska is where she and her husband live and
    her family loves it. Her husband doesn't like it the way she does but what she really loves doing
    might be to collect kites but is actually struggling in order to
    time so as. His wife and he have a website.
    You'll probably decide to to check it out: http://www.yelp.com/biz/law-office-of-stanley phan lawyer-phan-san-jose

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do you just wait until the traffic and clients come?
    If you are on a good budget, I would recommend starting
    by helping cover their a program like Gimp. It means that a huge
    sum to play according to your rules that Google have laid out, you only require to think outside belonging to the box.
    There are two major types of linking stems from any net page.
    When I checked the target pages, you know what ??


    Here is my web blog ... seo forums

    ReplyDelete
  22. I got this website from my buddy who told
    me on the topic of this web page and at the moment this time I am browsing this web page and reading very informative articles here.


    My web page :: try minecraft for free

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this article and also the rest of the website is
    very good.

    my weblog; Womens Nike Air Max Skyline

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice blog here! Additionally your web plenty of fish dating site of free dating rather a
    lot up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I am getting your affiliate
    link on your host? I wish my website loaded up as fast
    as yours lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Live. Laugh. Love. and EAT in between! © 2014