Wednesday, September 10, 2014

10 Reasons Why Marketing on Instagram is In

Wednesday, September 10, 2014



Social media has been one of the perfect ways to share your business and make it popular. It has been closely as effective as word of mouth, which is almost the same because most people spend their time in front of their computers, logged in to their social media accounts, whether it be for personal or business use.

Instagram is one of the the few social media sites where marketing has been a blast. At first, Instagram was just a mobile application where you can post and share your everyday photos. As the years pass by, it is proven to be one of the most effective marketing platforms for entrepreneurs to advertise their business and to reach their target audience.

Here are the top ten reasons why Instagram will help your business grow:

1. Instagram is a visual platform.

What customer wants in an advertisement is to clearly see what a business offers them. Customers want to keep it that way: advertisements with visual and short messages. By that way, it makes them more interested on what the business is offering.

2. Instagram reaches a wider audience.

According to Craig Smith’s By The Numbers: 51 Interesting Instagram Statistics, since its launch date in October 2010, Instagram instantly grew to 150 million users as of December 2013, over 50% of these are retailers. With this large number of audience, why would someone not notice your business?

Ze Warrior Mom's online shop. Follow @happyclickeronlineshop now! :)
3. Instagram is user-friendly.

Even kids nowadays have an Instagram account. 8-year-olds already have their own accounts, most of them are child entertainers. In due course, these kids will also be your audience. They’ll check up on your account and see what you’re offering. And eventually, they will also be your future customers.

4. Instagram is a common contest area.

Most companies with Instagram accounts hold photo contests, wherein they ask their participants to repost the pictures with hashtags of either their company, product, or taglines. Mostly, companies do a random search for a winner and reward them with a specific product they are featuring. By this way, your product will easily reach the audience using the participants. This type of Instagram contest is one of the many examples of how to gain Instagram followers easily and increase your followers’ participation on your brand.

5. Instagram can be connected to other social media platforms.

The “Share Settings” of Instagram can be set so your photos can be shared to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare, and e-mail with just a click. Less effort, isn’t it? In just one post, you can reach far beyond your expected market.


6. Instagram can easily let followers know what’s going on with your business.

Participating in a bazaar? Your shop has a sale? Company has an ongoing contest? Simply post the details on your business’ Instagram account and it will easily get viral. Posting events as it happen using Instagram video feature is one of the many ways of how you can inform your audience about your business.

7. Instagram can go behind the scenes.

According to Sarah Harris’ Why Startups Should Use Instagram for Marketing, one of the best ways to showcase events is through a collection of pictures and videos that can easily be wrangled together on Instagram with a couple of the same filters that make them feel like a collection. Everlane, a clothing design and manufacturing company, has stunning pictures of where their goods are manufactured to the actual goods pictured with simple backdrops. Scrolling through their account, you can see clear collections of images grouped together. By this way, the company is being transparent on their customers on how they work.

8. Instagram posts can be seen 24 hours, 7 days a week.

By this statement, you can say that you can have a market for your product every time and any time that you post a photo. Instagram users are interacting to anyone every hour of the day, especially that this application works on mobile devices and you don’t have to turn on your computer monitor just to check some new photos of your chosen product.

9. Instagram doesn’t require an age or gender for you to sign up.

Whether you are a kid, teen, mother, father, oldies, organization, institution or a business, you can easily sign up. Government branches and even pets also have their own Instagram accounts to update their followers.

10. Instagram is free!

Just go App Store for iPhone or Play Store for Android, search for Instagram and have it downloaded on your device. Once it’s done, register with your username and password, and you have just saved a thousand bucks for this marketing strategy.

So if you're planning to start your own business but has a low budget in terms of marketing, sign up to get your business' Instagram account and link it to other social media sites!


               





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

27 comments:

  1. I've not really signed up for an account with Instagram until lately. I have yet to explore its marketing potentials but I have heard a lot about the contests - if I remember correctly, the company behind it jumpstarted this culture and it didn't take long for marketers to catch up.

    I'm a bit unhappy about them not having an age limit for users. Kids aren't very good at filtering their posts, they may end up posting hints of information predators can use to find them. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized that, May! It can be a downfall as well for Instagram not having an age limit.

      Delete
  2. I've only signed up for an Instagram recently and so far, I love it. If I remember correctly, the contest culture is something that the company behind the social media site jumpstarted and it didn't take long for marketers to take advantage of this. I've yet to explore IG in that area but from what I've heard, there's a lot of potential there.

    However, I'm a bit squeamish about letting kids of any age start an account with IG. Kids don't know how to filter, they might post information predators are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Instagram and Pinterest are good venues

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought of it that way before... but yes, it's true that a lot of contests are within instagram nowadays. kaya ako nalungkot kasi sometimes I can't join cause my phone got broken thus no way to post in instagram... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review mommy Mayu, so sad that I only focus on Facebook and twitter, it's too hard for me to maintain more than those two, I actually have an Instagram account but i rarely visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, yes, I find myself agreeing with all of the reasons! I actually contemplated setting up a small business on Instagram, but I never found time. I'll still pursue it eventually anyway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Instagram sure is very helpful these days, I agree with you. Online businesses sell items there already, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Cym. Sometimes online shops are more hit now on Instagram than Facebook pages. :)

      Delete
  8. I agree with you. Instagram has a big impact to your products. So easy also to tag celebrities to know or try your products.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay! I love Instagram! I stopped using it when my phone began acting strange while taking phtos through IG...boy, am I glad its working now! Eveything looks better with instagram!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like how others do the whole SFS though. It's flooding. I tend to unfollow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! It might seem annoying, but still it's working! Yes, others may tend to unfollow, like you, because it's annoying to see those ads on your timeline.

      Delete
  11. Agreed- though you'll need a lot of followers first

    ReplyDelete
  12. Instagram and other social media sites are indeed good venues to market products. But online sellers should not just be concerned about "collecting" followers. If they put their products out there, they should be prepared to answer inquiries politely. Yung iba kasing online sellers, gusto nila bili ka kagad without even bothering to answer inquiries.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with IG as a great venue for sellers. I've had several transactions there myself. :) - thekitchengoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Instagram is now one of the most popular apps and social media network there is! I love Instagram myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see a lot of on-line shops on Instagram. It is for me the cheapest way to promote your product/services. Plus, it is user-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahaa, its good discussion concerning this piece
    of writing at this place at this web site, I have read
    all that, so at this time me also commenting at this place.


    Also visit my website best dating sites

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is one of the most significant info for me. And i'm glad reading
    your article. But wanna remark on some general things,
    The website style is ideal, the articles is really excellent :
    D. Good job, cheers

    Check out my blog post best dating sites

    ReplyDelete
  18. Magnificent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just too fantastic.

    I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and
    the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care
    of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read much more from you.
    This is really a great site. blogesaurus.com cheap quest bars usa protein bars

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, this was an incredibly good post. Taking the time and actual effort to
    make a top notch article… but what can I say… I put things
    off a whole lot and don't seem to get anything done.
    blogesaurus.com quest bars cheaper protein bars

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am really impressed together with your writing talents and also with the
    format in your weblog. Is this a paid topic or did you customize
    it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing,
    it is uncommon to see a nice blog like this one these days..

    blogesaurus.com quest protein bars uk cookie dough bars

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good post. I'm facing many of these issues as well..



    my weblog - best dating sites

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heya fantastic blog! Does running a blog similar to this require a lot of work?
    I have virtually no knowledge of coding but I was
    hoping to start my own blog in the near future.

    Anyway, should you have any suggestions or tips for
    new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject
    however I simply wanted to ask. Thanks!

    my weblog :: mujeres morenas hermosas

    ReplyDelete
  23. Howdy, I believe your website could possibly be having browser
    compatibility issues. Whenever I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it's got some overlapping issues.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Aside from
    that, wonderful blog!

    My homepage; mujeres paisas hermosas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Live. Laugh. Love. and EAT in between! © 2014