Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mercy Killing Through Killer Buses

Tuesday, July 15, 2014


Bodies of dead passengers covered with newspaper were laid on the road after a passenger bus fell off the Skyway last December 16, 2013. Photo grabbed in Inquirer.net.
Last 2013, there were eight fatal bus accidents that ended several passengers' lives. These passengers were either just about to go to work, some were on their way home, and some was just about to go somewhere else. Who would have thought for instance, that some of these unfortunate lives belong to someone who works in a call center? That on his/her way home, who would have thought that this bus ride was his/her last trip?

When people describe Metro Manila buses as "killer buses," we are not over-reacting. We are not exaggerating. These terror vehicles zoom around EDSA like there are no other vehicles on the road. Rarely they follow traffic rules and regulations. Rarely they stop on the places designated - they stop anywhere. EDSA is their racing track. 

NOVA bus - one of the 'killer buses.' Photo grabbed from ayenbites.wordpress.com.
Everytime I go to work, I have no choice but to ride these creatures. Well, technically, I have a choice, if I have enough money to ride a taxi. From P28 from Novaliches to Cubao, my fare would blow up to P250 from Novaliches to Eastwood. A big difference that will force me to choose riding these buses even though I don't want.

Aside from the danger that these killer buses bring, some spice are added by these bad persons. Pickpockets, robbers, anyone who would cause harm on your trip. Neither would anyone know that you will be one of these guys when you go to work or home, not only on buses but also on all types of public vehicle.

ProposedTile - Sykes
Looking for a job? Visit http://bit.ly/sykeserecruitmentgiveaway now and be a click away from your job!
Not all people have their own cars to be sure of their safety. You're not even sure of your safety if you have one. Not all can afford to ride a taxi, too, though some allot a part of their transportation allowance for it. Everytime you go to work, just be alive, alert, and as much as possible, keep those eyes open! And just don't forget to mention a prayer whenever you go to work. He will guide us always!


               





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

12 comments:

  1. Hi Mayu! I used to work in a BPO, too. Served the BPO industry for a decade. Chance that we might have been colleagues at work? Hehehe.

    It's really sad that we still live in an age where killer buses (and jeepneys!) are everywhere. Riding a cab alone is not safe, too. Saying a prayer is really important - everywhere we go and in everything we do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Petite Momma! Wow, where did you work before? :) Well, I must agree to you with the cabs, they're not safe anymore, too, unless you ride those na kilala na talaga. Or choose those with GrabTaxi or EasyTaxi. Hehe.

      Delete
  2. Safety really is a must. I'm blessed not to have to battle with commuting daily because I work from home, but I understand the struggles since I did work the night shift before. Hope you all keep safe always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angeli! I envy you, I always want to be a WAHM/SAHM, but I can't.

      Delete
  3. Thanks , I've recently been searching for information approximately
    this subject for a while and yours is the greatest I've came
    upon till now. However, what about the bottom line?

    Are you certain concerning the supply?

    Here is my web blog translate online

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day I am so glad I found your web site, I really found you by mistake, while I was researching on Yahoo for something else, Anyways I am here now and
    would just like to say many thanks for a marvelous post and a all round exciting
    blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time
    I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the superb
    b.

    Here is my website :: minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  5. Informative article, just what I was looking for.

    Feel free to surf to my blog; minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I enjoy reading all of your post. I like to write
    a little comment to support you.

    Also visit my website minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  7. An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I think that you need to publish more on this issue, it might
    not be a taboo subject but usually people
    don't discuss these subjects. To the next!
    Kind regards!!

    Review my website :: Quest Nutrition Bars At Walmart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Piece of writing writing is also a fun, if you be acquainted with afterward you can write otherwise it is complex to write.


    Feel free to surf to my homepage :: quest bars

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spot on with this write-up, I truly feel this amazing plenty of fish dating site of free dating needs a great deal
    more attention. I'll probably be returning to read through more, thanks
    for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
    After all I'll be subscribing for your rss feed and I hope you write once more very soon!

    My homepage: plenty of fish dating site of free dating

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Live. Laugh. Love. and EAT in between! © 2014