Monday, June 23, 2014

Motherhood: Multitasking at Its Finest

Monday, June 23, 2014




A customer service associate. A freelance writer. A blogger. An online seller. A mother.

This is my life. Twenty four hours would not be enough to do all the things that I need and want to do in a day. If I can ask God for an additional 3-6 hours more, that would be great. Having a full-time work and being a full-time mom makes it harder yet more fun at the same time.

My day usually starts at night. Yes, I work at night. Since I was a kid, I'm already a night person. Maybe that's way I'm in the call center industry now. I usually spent 2-3 hours preparing and travelling to work. Add the normal 9 hours at work, maximum of 12 if I need to go on overtime or I need something to do after work. Two hours would fit my time to go home. It's already lunch time when I'm home and I would allow another 2-3 hours to bath, feed, and play with my son before I get to sleep. For me to be fully charged, it must be at least 6-8 hours of hibernation before getting up again for work.

Babysitting while doing freelance jobs. :)
In total, I would consume 21-28 hours to do every little thing that needs to be done. Most of the time, sleep is the part that I'm giving up to finish everything. Back at the time when I'm still accepting freelance jobs at home, I would be very lucky to have 2-3 hours of sleep and a good luck of not sleeping at the next night's work shift. I would even give up short breaks and exchange it for a couple of minutes sleep.

What will you unlock?
So if I will be given a chance to unlock a skill, I would say to have the power to multitask at any given time. Like, hello? Who wouldn't want to finish a 3-hour job in just an hour? Being a single mom is like doubling the job that you have compared to a regular mom (you know, the one that has a partner in life). If only I could work, and take care of my kid, and run a business, and have some me-time, that is somehow fulfilling. Believe it or not, I already accepted the fact of having less social life when I got pregnant.

Being a mom requires all the energy and time as much as possible. No matter how hard it gets, there is always that excited feeling of doing the world's toughest job. But at the end of the day, all you need to have is a break - a time to breathe, a time for yourself, a time to pat yourself at the back and say, "Hey, girl, you did it today! See you again tomorrow!"


               





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learn some excellent stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting.
    I wonder how a lot effort you place to create such a magnificent informative site.



    My homepage :: best dating sites

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings! I've been following your web site for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you
    a shout out from Porter Tx! Just wanted to say
    keep up the great job!

    My homepage; minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genuinely no matter if someone doesn't understand then its up to other visitors that they will assist, so here it happens.


    Look at my blog - minecraft games

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somebody essentially assist to make seriously posts Where Can I Get Quest Bars Cheap might state.
    That is the first time I frequented your web page and so far?

    I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual post extraordinary.
    Wonderful activity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice even as you amend your website,
    how can i subscribe for a weblog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal.

    I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered shiny clear idea

    Also visit my page: AC Repair Simi Valley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Live. Laugh. Love. and EAT in between! © 2014